At least once a day I get a piece of SPAM – usually from CareerBuilder – looks legit – until you open it – then you get an email that looks something like this:
Thank you for applying to our position. Our staff is industry experienced and uniquely qualified to assist you in finding the opportunities that are right for you. All resume submissions will be kept confidential. A new job position is available in your area.
Proficiency at using Microsoft Office
Possibility to check e-mail three times per day
U.S. citizenship or permanent residence/green card
Experience: no requirements
Required travel: no
Bonuses and commissions for each processed order
No contact with our customers
Salary and commissions:
Salary plus commissions: $85,000-$95,000 per year
Employment type: full-time or part-time
Please contact us by replying to this e-mail if you are interested and we will provide more information
Please let me know if you are interested.
All kinds of bells and whistles should be going off.
- I never applied for a job yet that is the opening line.
- “our staff is industry experienced” - really in what since the name of your company and the product are never shown.
- “opportunities right for you” – huh? the rest of your email sounds like you already have a job for me.
- The whole paragraph sounds like a 7 year old wrote it.
- I love the requirements and benfits…Yeah you can make that much money with no experience…seriously – then why did I go to college?
I have known people that get swindled into these scams – all I can say is if it looks too good to be true – IT IS!!