|Job Title:||Data Analyst|
|Source:||Email from a friend|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|To Apply:||This position can be found on the ITHAKA website: http://www.ithaka.org/about-ithaka/job-opportunities. Interested candidates should submit their resume, a detailed cover letter, and salary requirements.|
- Assist in ongoing development and maintenance of both the ITHAKA Enterprise Data Warehouse, and unit-specific ‘data marts’ utilized for OLAP and Business Intelligence processing.
- Maintain a well-indexed library of scripts, code, and other tools for automation and reuse, and also for the benefit of various analysts across ITHAKA (who maintain their own such libraries).
- As needed, escalate significant issues and recommend action steps to the Director of Advanced Technologies.
- Work with product, project, business, technical and architecture teams to make increasingly data-driven decisions.
- Assess users’ information needs and creatively defines the combination of data assembly, analysis, and, where appropriate, provide the best interpretation to answer a key question and/or solve an information problem.
- Demonstrate full accountability for delivering high-quality output, with a consistent focus on increasing the client’s ability to make empirically informed, data-driven decisions.
- Within a general priority framework provided by the Director of Advanced Technologies, the Data Analyst will independently manage a steady queue of information and analysis requests originating from across ITHAKA, and regularly provide status updates to the Director of Advanced Technologies.
- Strong capabilities using SQL and ability for performing light programming are essential.
- Excellent analytical skills: ability to identify client information needs, design and execute quantitative approaches to meet them, and provide clear, valuable information deliverables.
- Excellent quantitative analysis skills.
- Excellent writing skills. The successful candidate must concisely delineate and clarify datasets, methods, and findings to internal clients, including senior managers and executives.
- Excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree. Focus on quantitative methods (information science, math & statistics, computer science, public policy, etc) a plus.
- Strong interpersonal relationship development and management skills; experience providing information services to clients whether internal or external.
- Experience retrieving, processing, and analyzing data on Unix-like systems in text, DBMS, and XML format.
- Web development skills for building data access systems, a plus.
- Experience with data storage and warehousing using distributed files systems such as Hadoop and Hive a plus.
- Experience working with numerous small teams in a dynamic work environment, continuously managing multiple tasks and clients simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related skill desired.
- Choice of two medical plans, one at no cost to the employee
- Employer paid dental, vision, life insurance, and employee assistance programs
- Employer contributed pension with a 6 month vesting period
- …And much, much more
Jobs Disclaimer – all job(s) listed above are copied from either an email or a website and pasted into the blog. Grammatical and spelling errors are kept as originally posted. Some formatting changes have been made from the original post to fit the posting template (such as how to apply for the job). The poster of the position on the blog assumes that the jobs and company are legitimate; however the job seeker should do their due diligence to verify more information about the company and the job before applying. The poster of the position makes an effort to try to post only current jobs – but there may be times where the job “vaporizes” overnight. Highly suggest if you see a job you want – apply ASAP do not delay. This blog is meant to be a resource, not perfection!
- Building Projects | Ann Arbor District Library (aadl.org)
- ITHAKA Sustainable Scholarship 2010 | Day Two: Discovering Scholarly Content (ithaka.org)
- Greg Grossmeier: Open Data Day Hackathon – CitySpender (grossmeier.net)
- Ann Arbor Hosts “World’s Largest” Biz Plan Contest This Week, $1M-Plus for Winners (xconomy.com)